September 27, Beijing time, the 2020 French Open will kick off tonight. Ten things you need to know about the French Open in 2020 are as follows:
1. Djokovic hits the "Double Lap Grand Slam": Since the 2020 season, Djokovic is undoubtedly the best performing player. Serbia has become the first player to unlock the "Double Lap Grand Slam" since the Open era. Slam" male player (Emmerson and Rod Laver completed before the Open era). Currently Djokovic has won the four Grand Slam titles: 8 times at the Australian Open, 1 time at the French Open, 5 times at Wimbledon and 3 times at the US Open.
2. Nadal aims for the 13th Musketeer Cup: In the past 15 years, Nadal's record in Roland Garros is a staggering 93 wins and 2 losses (Soderling, Djokovic). If he can win this year, the French Open will win The number of games will come to the 100th game. Nadal is the only player to win 12 championships in a single Grand Slam. The Spaniard’s first-round opponent this year is Gerasimov.
3, New Science and Technology Grand Slam champion Tim: Tim, who has reached the French Open finals in the past two years, was more confident than ever when he started this tournament. The Austrian had just won his first Grand Slam in New York, and he did not participate in any clay court matches before heading to Paris. At the age of 27, he faced a severe test in the first round. His opponent was former NO.3 Cilic.
4. Historical significance: If Nadal wins the 13th French Open title, he will tie Federer's record of 20 Grand Slam titles. If Djokovic wins, the Serb will lift his 18th Grand Slam Gold Cup, and continue to close the gap with Nadal (19) and Federer (20). If Tim wins, he will surpass Nadal to become second in the world. Since Nadal surpassed Hewitt on July 25, 2005, only the Big Four in the ATP rankings in the past 15 years have come to TOP2.
5. The first round of heavyweight: the first round of this French Open men's singles, there will be a contest between two pairs of Grand Slam champions. No. 3 seed Tim will face former US Open champion Cilic, and three Slam winners Wawrinka and Murray will also face each other. This is the first time since the French Open card Felnikov and Zhang Depei in 1999, there has been a first-round matchup between a Grand Slam champion in Roland Garros.
5.第一轮重量级：本届法国公开赛男单第一轮，将有两对大满贯冠军之间的较量。三号种子蒂姆将面对前美国公开赛冠军西里奇，三名大满贯冠军瓦林卡和穆雷也将面对面。这是自1999年法网公开赛Felnikov和Zhang Depei以来的第一次，Roland Garros的大满贯冠军之间进行了首轮对决。
6. Medvedev’s expectations: No. 4 seed Medvedev has reached the semi-finals at the US Open for two consecutive years. The Russians are ready to show off in Paris. However, he has not won a game (0-3) in the French Open. Last year, he made great progress on the clay court. He won the second place in Barcelona and the semi-finals of Monte Carlo. This year, his first-round opponent is Franco Sovic.
7. The son of the former Grand Slam champion: Emilio Gomez and Sebastian Korda made their first appearances in the French Open. Their father is 1990 French Open champion Andres Gomez, 1998 Australian Open champion Pete Kodak. A total of 31 male players played in the French Open for the first time this year.
7.前大满贯冠军的儿子：Emilio Gomez和Sebastian Korda首次亮相法网。他们的父亲是1990年法国公开赛冠军安德烈斯·戈麦斯（Andres Gomez），1998年澳大利亚公开赛冠军皮特·柯达（Pete Kodak）。今年共有31名男性球员首次参加法国公开赛。
8. Zverev in Paris: Before 2020, Zverev’s best record in a Grand Slam came from the French Open. The Germans have reached the quarterfinals in the past two years. After reaching the first Grand Slam final at the US Open, he will gain new confidence and set off. Former French Open runner-up Ferrer is currently his coach.
9. Members of the Hamburg final: Lublev and Sisipas will face each other in the Hamburg final on Sunday, which gives them confidence in Roland Garros. Like Medvedev, Lublev is seeking his first victory in the French Open. He had only participated in the French Open once in 2017 and lost to Schwarzman in the first round. The Russian is second only to Djokovic in terms of wins this season. Sisipas played one of the most exciting matches of the year with Wawrinka in the fourth round of the French Open last year. This year he played as the No. 5 seed.
10. Will the German team defend the title? Kravitz/Mies will strive to defend the men's doubles title. The former men's doubles champions include Herbert/Mahu, P-Cuevas and F-Lopez, Melo, Dodig and Vaselin.
10.德国队会捍卫冠军吗？ Kravitz / Mies将努力捍卫男子双打冠军。前男子双打冠军包括赫伯特/马胡，P-库埃瓦斯和F-洛佩兹，梅洛，多迪格和瓦塞林。